Saturday, December 29, 2007

Where The Hell DID That Interest Go?

For me, interests get sometimes lost in the shuffle. Enter the applications or solutions that deal the cards. Mack does it with Technorati links. Social Rank is in beta mode.

Like Biking? feed Biking Circle
Like comics? feed Comic Watch
Like Marketing? try Marketing Lens

.....there are 1000's of categories.

Reminds me of the most emailed stories presented on the top newspaper and media sites. What I like about the video is the emphasis on spending your time on what you want/like. In addition, you might run into bloggers who could change the world - or at least your world view.

Ranking sites - like Social Rank - in general bring out our competitive nature - sometimes good and sometimes bad. I'm going to watch what happens - that's all. The wizards behind it all gain my never ceasing expressions of amazement. Some reward!

Happy 2008 to each of you!

7 comments:

Mack Collier said...

Happy New Year Bob! 2008 should be a good one!

Bob G said...

Great in 2008 -
Thank you Mack for a great 2007! Danced all night!!!

Anonymous said...

Bob,

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just want to say that of the hundreds of blogs I have visited, your blog name is the best by far. It says everything we need to know about rankings. Oh, well, I guess this comment does say something about your post.

Bob G said...

Lewis - Thank you, friend - that's some high praise in consideration of how much you read. Your comments are always valued - each one.

I sort of stole this blog title from an old circulation guy - you lose subscribers same as you gain subscribers - one at a time. It stuck with me. Of course, he was using a chalk board (real chalk :) and illustrated the concept with a funnel or bucket as I recall.

How far we have come when you look at all the new ways we communicate via this place called the web.

Happy New Year! Keep rockin'

Gavin Heaton said...

Thanks for pointing this out, Bob ... I love a site about rankings or measurement! Hope you and your family have a great 2008!

Bob G said...

Your welcome Gavin - and thank you. Spent some time thinking about your father-in-law over holiday time and hoping he's well.

I'm with you on measurement. Social Rank is definitely in beta - some of sites haven't updated for months - but it looks to have a basis for valid rankings. We'll see :)

Digital Marketing Pro said...

Great informative post, I visit your blog regularly and find great posts. Will keep visiting your blog everyday.
Full Digital Marketing Services
Digital Marketing Training & Services