Friday, December 07, 2007

Think Outside the Mall

Its holiday time! Which translates into gift giving time. Which in turn means feeding the ravenous appetite of the marketplace - at least in the US. If you're like me - though I have no reason to believe you are other than we share the planet - it's a little disheartening to see how we are burning through our resources so quickly.

One of the pluses of shopping naked from your keyboard is fewer resources are wastes. If you deal with organizations who keep the health of our Rock in mind its a big step. The big negative is you're not buying local goods - but you can split the difference.

Thats why I like the email that Laurie at Stop Global Warming sent this morning.

Consider this a list of earth friendly places to visit. I have no financial interest in any of them. Nor can I vouch for service, quality, etc....all that stuff we find important. They represent a small sample of organizations out to change the world. And you might just locate the perfect gift and!

Cool Planet Jewelry - The planet is warming up but this jewelry is cool! Recycled!

Simple Shoes - They say, "71% of the population believe in global warming while the other 29% are still trying to resolve the "earth is flat" debate." plus the flip-flops are t-o-o-o-o-o cool

GreenSender - Help someone take first steps to a greener choices - AND it comes in a box

Stop junk mail - even as a direct marketer there has GOT to be a better way! This might be part of it!?!?

Laurie David's book - A Down-to-Earth Guide to Global Warming - teach your children well - AND you can buy the book used :)

The Spiral Foundation - beautiful handmade goods crafted from found objects and recycled scraps - Spinning Potential into Resource and Love

Ideal Bites Blog - a little link love here - clever, witty and smart - not to mention green.
- A tip a day. Today's tip lists 6 earth friendly gifts - my favorite is movie tickets :)

No comments: