Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pursuing Happiness - tag, your It!


Everybody - including me - deals with compressed time. But usually, I'm in a playful mood. Maybe it has something to do with Valeria's post from yesterday - what kind of games do you play? Do yourself a favor - deep breath - play a game like you're kid again. Lewis tagged a bunch of us with the 8 random things about me. In the process, I learned a bit about LG and Anna (who tagged him) - thanks to both of you.

As I breathe deep and smile, these are the 8 things you may or may not know about me:

  1. Grew up in Iowa and moved to Spokane, WA 31 years ago. Its a tough place to leave once your here.
  2. Umpired high school and college baseball for 20 years.
  3. Notorious sweet tooth - DQ Blizzards the most tempting treat in my lifetime!
  4. Deadhead through and through.
  5. Cleaned volcanic ash from city roof tops for 6 months following eruption of Mt St Helen's in 1980.
  6. Two life goals achieved - spring training with my dad and visiting the Sistine Chapel. Still want to see the Rockettes and go to a World Series game.
  7. My favorite fishing fly is the Tom Thumb - a Canadian concoction made of deer hair that is simple to tie.
  8. Paper or plastic? "That's OK - I have my own bag"
The game rules say I get to tag 8 people. Some of you I know better than others. Always random, of course - Play if you'd like!

C.B. - Flooring the Consumer
GLS - Going Like Sixty
Jackie - Consult Cameron
Cord - Marketing Hipster
Arun - Arun Rajagopal
Gavin - Servant of Chaos
Char - Essential Keystrokes
Mark - Transmission Marketing

Above all - have fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Thank you for playing. It appears we have much in common. I was an all-star high school baseball player, co-captain of the squad, coached Babe Ruth and umpired Little League. I love the game. And I have been to the World Series, in Minnesota strangely enough.

CB Whittemore said...

Bob, thanks for the tag. I'm thinking it over so I can comeup with equally fascinating random things.... You and Lew are hard acts to follow.

Oh, and I love your image!

Going Like Sixty said...

Hi Bob, thanks, working on it. I've always admired fly tiers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob...it's been a busy week and I have just read this post! Thanks for the tag ... I am off to think about what I should share :-)

J

Bob G said...

Lewis - thanks for tagging me...yeah, the game captured me young. I hope you saw the WS in old Metropolitan Stadium and not that dreadful thing the Twins call home today :)

C.B. - I'm certain your mind will come up with random things. Its a fun game to play - look forward to seeing them.

Jackie - You, too, I want to see what you write. Your blog always gives me something to consider.

Going Like Sixty - You, my friend, might want to set the admiration level of fly tiers down a notch or 2 :) - Most of them I know are cranky old fussbudgets!

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Bob, just can't believe you're a deadhead! Evidence shows just the opposite... :-)

Bob G said...

Hi Robyn - You must have all the right connections - the judge told me that evidence would never be shared :)

Anonymous said...

Darn, I've had my post ready to publish for a couple of days now and I tag CB, too.

Well, it must mean she is liked by all ;-)

Bob G said...

I'm sorry Valeria :( - we'll play rock, papers, scissors next time OK?