Friday, July 20, 2007

Gone Fishing - wait...Gone BIKING!

No blogging at One Reader for a while. Your comments are still welcome :) I'm on vacation and I need it! But I'll be back - count on that. For the next 10 days, the focus is on cycling across Iowa. Yup, my home state - the current location of the Iowa BlogaNostra - is having a small city move from one border to the next - RAGBRAI. Its not so much the heat, its the stupidity - I love that phrase. Read all about it! I'm hoping to catch up with Doug around mid-week. Along with visiting a couple brothers and my folks, it should prove to be a hoot.

Monday, The Age of Conversation was released. I'm amazed, astounded and awed with the end result - there are drawings, cartoons and - best of all - transparent thinking from each contributor. Each entry like a gourmet meal - enjoyed best in small bites and chewed well. A nice wine comes to mind. Literally, there are mind bending thoughts from each writer. It's like the prizes in Cracker Jack!

Get the book - the download - $9.99 cheap (just like MAD). It's the new conversation! All the activity surrounding it even caused the internet to crash this week - Roger shared the news at Creative Think.



It's a journey - not a destination! Have a great week each of you - sell some more books for the kids!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Enjoy! Sounds like a great adventure.

Anonymous said...

"Get the book - the download - $9.99 cheap (just like MAD)"

I don't know why, but this is one of those nigh-imperceptible vagaries of childhood that I miss upon reflection.

Of course, nowadays the "cheap" moniker is more of an insult, but I appreciate the reference here.

Hope you're having a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun...but your hippie pal misses you. Enjoy the breeze and the lack of technology.

Bob G said...

Thank, Lewis - I did, it was

Cam - I reckon MAD is (was) an acquired taste. I'm a long time subscriber to the satirical mirror it holds up to culture - no intention to insult. Trip was grand!

CK - you should have seen all the people without cell phones...of course, some couldn't live without them :) - as for me...it was a welcome step back to the place my roots run deep.

Katie Konrath said...

Hope you had a good time at RAGBRAI! I went to school in Iowa, and a couple of my friends did it this year. Definitely an adventure!

Bob G said...

Thanks Katie - it was a terrific time! A little sluggish getting back into the swing of things but I'm back :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your "journey". Wowsa. But I'm glad you're back. Thinking about ya.

Bob G said...

Awww, CK - thanks - you got so many things to think about and lil ol me, too ;) - I respond with thinking about you too... it feels good to accomplish my little side trip along life's pathway. Its only beginning to settle in how many hours I spent training and then riding.