Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It finally happened

Does the Vatican have One Reader in their Google reader? Talk about street cred! Cracked up when I saw this in the paper in light of yesterday's post. The first one is a no-brainer.

The Vatican's "Ten Commandments" for drivers:

1: You shall not kill.
2: The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
3: Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
4: Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
5: Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
6: Charitably convince the young and not-so-young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
7: Support the families of accident victims.
8: Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
9: On the road, protect the more-vulnerable party.
10: Feel responsible toward others.

The Associated Press

I might support displaying this list in public places :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I had no idea you had THAT kind of influence!

Drew

Anonymous said...

Darn it! Now I even have to be good in my car. Being Catholic really hurts.

Bob G said...

Me either Drew - but what a hoot! It must be my connections with the Swiss guards -

Lewis...now there's a real reason to carry that St Christopher medal :) - he's keeping notes for the Pope!

I just hope he doesn't watch the back seat too much ;)

Anonymous said...

My back seat has been pretty quiet since I got married. Oh, and the bad lower back doesn't help either.

Bob G said...

I should have written about the back seat in past tense, Lewis - LOL...aaahhh but the memories :)