Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Page of Flakes

When Steve Woodruff at StickyFigure sent me an email about a marketing portal and use flake in the same sentence...well, I thought he was getting a little personal :). But seriously, he has put together a terrific little nugget to keep track of some favorite blogs. You can chew on it right here. Yum-m-m-m! I am seriously humbled to be in the company of this group. I like how Steve has broken out the categories. He placed One Reader in the Social Media tab. Mike Sansone at Converstations compares the page to a bear paw - or is that bear claw? I like Mike's thought on using the tool as a blogroll.

It leads me back to a reflection of the importance of keeping regular with posting on a blog - this one in particular. Just like breakfast - its an important part of the day! You see - and some of you know - I've been on vacation. Yes, it was nice - thank you! We had a terrific time in Seattle. Kicked back and did a whole lot of nothing - except walking, talking and generally crowd watching. As a result, valued readers and friends have come by and seen a stale post. Albeit a good one ;). Now its time to ramp it up for I found 3 things I missed - my guitar, my bike, and blogging. Jamming on Sunday took care of my music jones. Rode my bike into work today so my heart rate went up! And now a brief post. Were it not for the encouraging email from Steve, Mike's post on the new breakfast and a visit to PageFlakes - I'd still be engaging my time with the drudgery of work rather than being amazed at the creativity and inventiveness of my fellow humans!

So what do you think - blogs for breakfast? better than oatmeal? or into the night? when is your favorite blog time?

Link to TechCrunch all about pageflakes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Bob. Hope you're nice and relaxed and refreshed.

My favorite blog time is, frankly, whenever I get the chance. But I blew it a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful Saturday and my wife wanted me to go with her to take the dog for a run in the woods down the street. I said, give me just a few minutes.

An hour later, I realized she and the dog were gone. I ran outside to catch up, only to find them rounding the corner coming back home.

My wife didn't make me dinner for 2 weeks, and when she went to the cleaners, she took her things and left mine in the hamper.

I now blog early morning before leaving for work, or later at night. But I am careful about the time. I like to eat, and I'm not a good cook.

Anonymous said...

wow, i just checked out that public pageflakes page. it's so easy to setup... pretty addictive too ;-). love it, thanks for the tip.

marc

Bob G said...

Ya David! - eating is one of my favorite things too :) - the balance between blogging and other...in your example home :)...is continual for me. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I've been down the "gimme a minute" road, too. Contrary to popular belief - silence is far from golden LOL - Even with all the tips on fitting blog time into 24 hours, its a new way of thinking for many of us - me anyway -

marc - thanks for commenting at one reader. Pageflakes is a little addictive - especially for those of us who tend toward that type personality :)

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Glad you like the portal. It has been enjoyable putting it together and growing it...even if I gain new nicknames in the process!

Steve "McKibben" Woodruff

Bob G said...

Jeepers Steve - LOL - I apologize. As one whose name is "altered" often, I usually pay closer attention! I'll change it right now :)

Unknown said...

I like reading blogs but when i read this blog I realized thoughts are different i like Steve thoughts. The way in he has deliver thoughts this is nice.

Medical Transcription service